Is there any TV show that has had more of an impact on the nation’s dance aspirations than Strictly? Since it burst onto our screens in 2004, the BBC series is now licensed to 40 countries across the world, has aired nearly 250 episodes and regularly gains over 8 million UK viewers per episode!
The heady combination of glitz, colour, incredible moves and high glamour have also inspired a legion of new aspiring dancers up and down the country and we have seen a steady rise in demand for dance fabrics as a result.
Getting kitted out
If you or a family member has taken to the dancefloor, then you’ll no doubt be looking for exciting dancewear ideas, especially for competitions, exams and shows.
There’s a huge amount of fantastic inspiration online through websites such as Pinterest and the great news is that dance costumes can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. With a bit of creative inspiration and the right materials, you can easily make or customise your own fabulous creations!
Why not make your own?
For example, you can buy a leotard, gloves, a skirt and tights and then embellish them with sequins, tulle, edging, patches and nets. If your skills and ambitions are more advanced, you can find patterns to make custom dancewear dresses and outfits from scratch, embellishing all the way with eye-catching sparkles, appliques, crystals, feathers and more.
Find what you need at Fabric Direct
At Fabric Direct, we stock a huge range of dancewear fabrics, including:
– glitzy carnival in bright shades
– lycra in every colour heart desires (including those all-important neons!)
– metallic dress net for underskirting and shaping, and;
– paper lame for fantastic shine and glamour and eye-catching sparkles.
All of the accessories…
Don’t forget our haberdashery section either. You’ll find edging, buttons, badges and appliques, crystals and sequins, threads, feathers, hoops and plenty more. In fact, most of our customers tell us that they end up finding so much inspiration for their dancewear costumes that they come away with far more costume materials than they’d planned to!
Why choose Fabric Direct?
The good news is that Fabric Direct really is a great choice for your dancewear costume needs. For example:
1. We stock thousands of superb fabrics, including a huge selection of dance suitable fabrics in every colour and finish. We are also one of the few remaining retailers to sell fabrics by the metre, which is ideal if you are planning to make more than one outfit or have a ballroom dancing gown to make.
2. We have a dream selection of haberdashery which delights dressmakers and seamstresses at all levels! Immerse yourself in beautiful edging, accessories, pins, buttons, sparkles and more – all designed to gleam under those stage lights…
3. Our prices are excellent and regularly checked against competitors to ensure we are offering excellent value for money.
4. Our team are highly skilled and experienced dressmakers and sewing craft fans themselves. They are ready to help you in any way that they can.
5. We dispatch our customer orders daily, with excellent shipping rates and a clear returns policy that gives you total peace of mind when you buy with Fabric Direct.
Need a hand?
Whether you need help choosing the right fabric or finding inspiration for a dance costume, get in touch today and follow our social media accounts for the latest news, ideas and special offers! With Fabric Direct you get to have fun when you make dance costumes and enjoy spectacular results at the same time!